Now posts ↓

Tuesday 26 February 2008

La Dolce Vita

I somehow managed to not find the opening scene of La Dolce Vita clipped on YouTube (slap!) and instead used the Perroni Advert, which is a glossy tribute, as I was matching available clips to my fave films.

The Observer gave copies away on Sunday and as a teaser they found a lot more clips than me, including the stunning opening.



I've never seen a Fellini film I didn't like and could happily watch Marcello Mastroianni open an envelope but La Dolce Vita is a definitive classic:
  • It gave birth to the term Paparazzi
  • First appearance of Nico
  • Huge influence on Lost in Translation and Pulp Fiction. Woody Allen's Celebrity copies the structure
  • The opening scene of a Christ statue over Rome has been copied many times (see L.A. Story)
  • It's in The Simpsons and Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders did an exquisite parody

No comments:

Post a Comment