Now posts ↓

Thursday 10 July 2008

egov bloggers and news sources

Dave Briggs has started publicsectorblogs.org, (and included me, thanks ;] ) and had a lot of suggestions to add to the site.

These are the feeds I've got in my Reader - and Dave's post + comments following mean I have a number of others to add. (There are some sources without feeds - shock - which are in my links list in the right column).


Getting very hard to keep up ;{ I certainly have ones I make a point to check (hey Dave!) but some mechanism to float more interesting stuff to the surface is definitely needed. I can't really see a way of automating this, it needs a human editor.

This is kindof what egov Victoria does, maybe somewhere like Public Sector Forums (only not just .gov.uk accessible?) could do it sustainably? Would be terribly useful!

2 comments:

  1. paul, maybe some dynamic tag cloud that analyzes words of current posts in the public blogosphere would help. It could be served as a daily feed.
    Rough but good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, great idea but done ;]

    some people in the US primaries formed tag clouds around conservative + 'liberal' bloggers.

    I don't know if they were the only ones with a service doing this but something you could serve through yahoo pipes etc would *indeed be useful.

    blog mention (with snaps of said clouds) here http://paulcanning.blogspot.com/2008/03/postscript-obama-addresses-race-hear.html

    ReplyDelete