Now posts ↓

Monday 8 June 2009

Music: Change - Paradise

Change are a fabulous studio band. One of the best, but also one of the most underrated in the soul, disco and R&B genres during the late 70s / first half of the 80s. They created a catchy, smooth and polished disco - very much inspired by Chic - and later R&B and pop funk sound, with a touch of heaven.

They were the creation of Italian producers Jacques Fred Petrus (1949-1986) and Mauro Malavasi and included both Luther Vandross and Jocelyn Brown over the years.

This is my favourite, with vocals by James Robinson and Deborah Cooper and the bassline of death.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you! I heard "Paradise" on the radio in Germany back in June 2007 and could not find the artist. Always searching around CHIC. Then on a trip to Israel my friend, The R&B DJ Muscle, told me it was CHANGE. I said no that was Vandross... Was I wrong. Another hint he gave me was DELEGATION. Verbal of m-flo help do a tribute album to Chic in Japan. SUITE CHIC: When the Chic Hits the Fan, interesting but very intrepretative.

    ReplyDelete