Now posts ↓

Friday 1 June 2007

So called PR

bbc news screengrab, external links

How much do you think this link is worth?


How many times has this happened to me? Dozens.

I'm talking about seeing a story, say on the BBC. Following the link provided to an organisation the BBC's reporting the PR or research of and - groan - yet again I'm at a homepage with no reference to what the BBC's telling me about.

A deadend I'm unhappy with. Great branding work guys ... again.

Just had it with Web security firm Garlik who apparently told the BBC that of British kids online:
20% have met an online friend in person - and one-in-20 do so regularly.

Just 7% of parents were aware of their child's behaviour, the study suggested.

I say apparently (though are you surprised?) because on their website, there ain't nothing about it.

I also note that:

Garlik work with PR partners, Band and Brown Communications, ["A Cossette Communication Group company"].

I wouldn't hire them if I were you then! But, on the other hand, it's actually fairly rare IME to see a joined-up PR campaign in the UK — just follow the links from BBC News (what were their traffic numbers again .... ?).

Etre gets it mostly right, especially the hand-hold to 'show me' (though where's 'search', 'news'). Who the heck else? ... It's annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment